Those Strange Dreams

It was in the middle of June that these dreams I have started occurring. I am writing this because I assume that someone on this app could help me in some way. So please help me.

Day 1: June 7, 2017

I was sitting at home of course because we had no school. It was summer, my favorite season. Me and a few friends went for a walk in the woods, that was our favorite place. The wood was peaceful and fun to explore. We walked around for hours until the woods started to get dark. We began to leave the woods and that’s when I saw it. Something or someone was standing directly behind us, it was watching us. I screamed and my friends turned around, but they saw nothing. Only I saw this thing. It was at least 10 feet tall and covered in grey fur. This thing was also very skinny. Mushrooms and moss-covered its fur and skin. It’s eyes were nothing but black sockets. It’s mouth was full of sharp, bloody teeth and it had long claws on each hand. The claws looked like they were made of oak wood. What was even scarier was that this creature was smiling from ear to ear. I quickly ran out of the woods as my friends came running for me. I had to explain to them what was going on, but they all thought I was crazy or something.

Later that night, I laid down on my bed to go to sleep. My eyes shut as I heard a weird mix between a wolf howl and a bear roar. I looked out my window and saw it. That same creature in the woods was now at the pond, about 20 feet away from my house. I tried to sleep, but every time I closed my eyes that thing howled. I took one of my clonidine pills and eventually fell a sleep. Then, the nightmares started.

My nightmare began with me waking up on a hard wooden bed. I jumped up quickly and looked around, I was in a solid wooden room with nothing but a bed in it. However, there was a wooden door. It slowly opened and that creature came in. It was smiling at me. Everything slowly got dark as it came closer to me. The dream finally got dark and then I woke up.

Day 4: June 10, 2017

For the past three days, I have had that same dream. I also obtain a fever and I had to take a clonidine pill every night because I could hardily sleep. That dream was the worst thing ever. Some how, I knew that this fever was the work of the creature. I couldn’t tell my parents about this, they would think I’m crazy. My friends never visited me or called me. My cell phone rang and the first thing that crossed my mind was my friends. I answer the phone and said,”hello.”

Static is all that I heard through the phone. I said hello once more. Something answered. It’s voice was very deep and demonic. All it said was I’m outside you window. I hung up and quickly rushed to my window. I opened the curtains and looked out. The creature was back, but he was on my front porch. My vision left me and I fell to the floor. That was when a new nightmare came to me. I don’t remember this one very well, but I will try to explain it.

I was in the woods, running. That thing was chasing me and I ran into an old cabin. Inside was that same wooden room in my other dreams. This time I found a note on the bed, it read

He stands tall and it follows as you go. But you should never follow the Cockorusoe.

I could hardily read that last word. I stuffed the note in my pocket and hid under the bed. The monster got in the room and lifted up the bed. It pulled me out from under the bed and it used its claw to scratch my cheek. I woke up to-day light, with a cut on my cheek and a note in my pocket. I assumed it was a coincidence, but the note read the same exact thing.

I lost track of the days, but it is October 10th, 2017.

It has been about two months without the creature.I thought it had left. School started back up a month ago. Today was a Tuesday. However, a virus has been spreading around my school. Many students were sick, but I wasn’t as sick. They were vomiting and had a high temperature. I just had a high temperature. A few kid’s were at the second stage, insomnia. First was illness, then insomnia. I do not know of any other stages yet. School was canceled for this reason.

December 16th, 2017

I know I am jumping to different months, but I just need you guys to know the important stuff.

School was canceled from October 10th to January 20th.
I have got over my sickness. However, my parents had developed it a month ago. They actually reach the third stage. It was death. I curled up in a corner and waited.

I heard my door open and my mom came in. I told her that I thought she was dead and school was canceled for four months. She assured me that it wasn’t canceled and that I have been going to school for all this time. She also said that it was Christmas break and that nobody had died. She later scheduled me to see a therapist.

January 18th, 2018

I have been discussing my dreams and visions with my therapist and I was put on medication to help me. However, this medication was useless. I began having those nightmares again. I also had visions of that creature. I quit taking my medicine and decided to post my story, in search of help. School was canceled due to all of the snow, so I decided to write this now.

However, this might be published later because this must be checked by editors.

  • WeepingWillow4475

    Is this a true story?

  • Bonnie Manz

    This story has potential if you have time. Great start though.

  • Haris Sulaiman

    This is a great story

  • Senia

    Great potential but grammar would really take it up a notch.

  • Jed

    1/5 Tense shifts and clichés galore.